Beauty Moments: Make Up, Nails, Hair, Skincare, Fashion
Click on the image above or Click Here
for my beauty blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movie: The Tourist

Sorry peeps.  I know I've been missing from this blog for a lil bit and I'd like to start off by wishing everyone an amazing 2011!!  *smiles*

Anyways, it's been awhile since I talked about a movie (I think).  Haha.  The latest movie my family and I went to see was The Tourist starring the incredibly talented Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.

Image from byterology.com

What Is It About?

The story is basically about the pursuit of Scotland Yard for the elusive Alexander Pearce who owes the government a whopping GBP 744 million in back taxes.  They kept an eye on Elise (Angelina Jolie) awaiting Pearce to contact her in hopes of a chance for them to nab him.  Taking a cue from the instructions in his note to her, Elise hops on a train from Paris to Venice and becomes friendly with an American tourist on the train, Frank Tupelo (Johnny Depp), a Maths teacher to throw the Yard off the chase.  A lot of chasing and action ensued especially since Reginal Shaw (Steven Berkoff) enters the picture to retrieve the cash swindled/stolen by Pearce whilst acting as his personal finance advisor.

My Thoughts

The movie started out allowing the audience to try and figure out what was going on before unfolding the storyline bit by bit.  The script was intelligent, witty and littered with humor which was delivered beautifully by the cast.  I enjoy movies that keeps you interested throughout the entire film and ones that makes you not expect the ending.  This was one of those movies.  Johnny Depp was brilliant in embodying his character's vulnerability.  Angelina's performance was superb in showcasing the different layers and roles of her on-screen persona.  The chemistry between these two power A-listers was undeniable, I'm surprised this is their first movie together.  Bravo to Quentin Tarantino and his cast and crew.

Have you seen the movie yet?  What are your thoughts on the film?

No comments:

Post a Comment