Beauty Moments: Make Up, Nails, Hair, Skincare, Fashion
Click on the image above or Click Here
for my beauty blog

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Am I back to Blogging?

 It's been awhile hasn't it?  I remember a juncture a few years back where I considered actively blogging again.  That clearly didn't happen.

Sometimes we go through life and we let life take over us.  Consume us even.  So many things has changed since I started this blogging adventure.  Yes, it was an adventure.

In high school, in the 90s, (yes, giving away age tidbits here), I was acquainted with the internet.  Then the internet brought me lessons in HTML.  Being young and hungry for knowledge (and things to do), I taught myself HTML from websites like w3schools (it's crazy that they're still around!) and the likes.  There was a time I made a website teaching basic HTML too as part of my digital experiment in creating websites on different providers.  Adel's Classroom was on Crosswinds (if I remember correctly. It was ages ago).

I played around creating sooo many websites back in the days. I wish I had a record of all of them.  I don't even remember which computer I was using to create them!  Hahah.

Some of the ones I remember:

  • Adel's Domain - This was my main personal website. I ran awards and stuff here.
  • Adel's Classroom - My basic HTML lesson website
  • Adel Online - A Teen Webring (yes, it was a thing) and personal website
  • 911 Fan Club - I don't actually remember the name but it's for the UK boy band 911
  • The Steven Spielberg Universe - A fan page on all things Spielberg
  • LimeDrops - My first foray into creating graphics and design elements for people (free!)
There were others I can't even remember now.  I know I tried Angelfire, Tripod and more.

Memories of one of the websites courtesy of the Way Back Machine

Then came the age of blogging.  I love Blogger as a blogging platform.  It is easy to use, and I could play with customizing the looks and layout of the blog.  I tried using WordPress as well but didn't quite like it (until now...) and I feel like there were other platforms I used but can't recall.

I of course went ham again with blogging.  Hahahha.  Some of my blogs were/are:
  • simply elixelle - This blog. Personal and casual.
  • elixelle's Beauty Moments - All about beauty. Hauls, reviews, education.
  • mysewingproject - I tried. Sewing is just so time consuming. LOL.
  • Casual Vanity - Basically the new home for elixelle's Beauty Moments
  • Aurora by elixelle - I had a blogshop at one point. That was fun
  • Trove by elixelle - This was my blogshop for my 2nd hand clothes and items
And I think there was one that was supposed to be documenting my fitness journey.  That journey has been on hiatus since.  Hahah.

So back to the topic of the day.  Am I back to blogging?  I might be.  There's so much to say and social media, as much as I enjoy it and love it, doesn't seem like an appropriate avenue for long form thoughts and reflections.

I'm even considering reviving my beauty blog and actually finish my lessons there. Hahaha.  I've got the experience, resources, and tools now, at least more than I used to.  But I think that may end up finding a home through my professional website.  Maybe.  I'm still in the midst of revamping that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment