Beauty Moments: Make Up, Nails, Hair, Skincare, Fashion
Click on the image above or Click Here
for my beauty blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

Awesome-st Team Building Session...

Normally I'd be pretty much against outdoor activities especially since close proximity to flora and fauna totally makes me feel uncomfortable.  Having just gotten back to work on Monday after what is possibly a 3 week break awaiting my contract renewal *bliss*, was informed by my colleague that I'd be joining the Team Building session at OBS (Outward Bound Sabah) the next day.  She sent me the itinerary and reading the words "dormitory", "high ropes", "jungle walk", "kayaking" and "rafting" all in 1 page just sounded uber scary.

Anyways, I don't exactly know what came over me (possibly the long break) but I just packed that night and after work in the morning headed over to OBS at noon.  I'd honestly surprised myself those couple of days.  It was like my fears stepped aside as soon as I arrived.  Amazing I tell you.  If you know me personally, you'll know how much of a miracle that was.

I didn't take any photos of my own and practically left my cameras behind so here are a few photos from the session from my colleagues' cameras:

Putting on my harness getting ready to climb

Finding my grip and footing (I ended up getting a boost from my colleague)


My leg muscles weren't strong enough and I tried my hardest to go all the way up and not give up.  Unfortunately, I fell short of 1 more step (the top part was super slippery with damp moss) because I just couldn't find anything to hang on to.  Nevertheless, reaching that far up was an accomplishment on it's own.  Yes, I was that close to the pulley.  FYI, according to the instructor, the wall was prolly 30ft high.

My belay and the anchor (Many thanks)

The gang after our wall/rock climbing experience.

I was the only one who kept slipping, losing my footing, sliding off, dangled from the rope/cable and twirled and slipped getting down.  Haha.  But it was all fun.  Got me some bruises to mark that experience too!  Everyone was very supportive and although they kept checking if I'd like to come down if it was too hard for me, they totally helped cheer me to the top.

And yes, we had to wash our own dishes and the serving dishes too.  Fun stuff.

At our bonfire by the beach that night.  We were left on a jungle trail blindfolded and had to rely on each other to get to the bonfire site.  Another first experience for me but having all these peeps there made me feel at ease.  Of course when there is a bonfire, there will be song.  :)

How amazing is this shot of the bonfire my colleague took?  Epic!

Up early in the morning to head to the beach for our morning warm up and stroll on the beach.  Here I am with the only other female in the group (and staff in the office).

Beginning our morning stroll.  :)

Isn't this view simply divine?  The waves splashing against the rocks at the distance looks so magical and fantasy-like.


2 teams, 2 rafts.  We used 4 tubings, 8 short bamboo stalks and loads of ropes for each raft.  If you're wondering, yes, we had to race, then disassemble the rafts, rinse everything and put everything back into storage.

All geared up to go kayaking.  I totally underestimated the weight of a kayak.  OMG it was sooooo much fun.  The instructor brought us into the water to first test our life jackets to make sure they'd float and then we had to all experience overturning out kayaks and learn what to do in the event it does overturn before we even start out with the activity.

Woohoo. All of us received certificates.  Hehe.

More photos:




Amazing experience as a whole.  :)

The week before all this I was pretty much busy with getting light fixtures, kitchen cabinet quotations and things of the sort plus super busy being there for my BFF on her wedding day(s).  Was super duper excited to be doing her make up too.  All that will probably be in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment